If you are suffering from back pain, you’re far from alone. According to the National Institutes of Health, 8 of every 10 people will experience some type of back pain in the course of their lives. Of course, you first want to try the most conservative treatments to feel better. Chiropractic care is the natural, non-invasive way to treat your pain safely and successfully.
You may have acute pain in your back from a car accident or sports injury. Or you may have chronic pain that’s not improving. Whatever type of back pain you have, it’s better for your whole body if you treat it sooner rather than later. When you’re in pain, you move differently and can throw other parts of your body, such as knees or hips, out of alignment and cause more problems.
The most common area of pain is the lower back. Some patients have sciatica, with pain and numbness running down to their leg. Common causes of pain in your lower, mid or upper back include herniated discs, pinched nerves, spinal degeneration, poor posture, lifting objects the wrong way, and work or sports injuries. Many people have what is called non-specific back pain, where an exact cause is unknown.
Types of Chiropractic Treatments
At your first chiropractic appointment, you’ll get a medical exam and a full assessment of your back pain symptoms. Your chiropractor in Cottonwood Heights may order tests, such as x-rays, to help diagnose what is causing your back pain and rule out causes such as fractures or infections.
Your chiropractor has a large arsenal of gentle, non-invasive treatments to ease back pain. These include:
- Chiropractic Adjustments – The goal is to improve mobility and strength in your back and surrounding areas such as the neck and pelvis. This makes your muscles less tight and can reduce pressure on nerves that causes pain and numbness.
- Spinal Decompression Therapy – The spine is gently stretched to align vertebrae and relieve pressure that may be on nerves.
- Massage – This helps to reduce pain by improving circulation and minimizing swelling and inflammation.
- Cold Laser Therapy – The cold laser treatment painlessly reduces swelling and helps to heal tissues faster.
- Exercises – Studies show exercise reduces back pain. Your chiropractor at Canyon Creek Chiropractic can show you exercises to build strong lower back and abdominal muscles that are so important for a healthy back.
- Lifestyle Advice – Chiropractors treat the whole patient. They can help you with nutrition, good ergonomics at your workstation, stress reduction techniques and more. The result is less pain and a better quality of life.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Cottonwood Heights Chiropractor
Holistic care by our Cottonwood Heights chiropractor at Canyon Creek Chiropractic is your key to a healthy back. Give us a call at (801) 943-0932 to schedule your free initial consultation.